I am unpacking boxes. Last week they delivered 95 boxes with things from our house in Libya (the rest of it is going to India). Adriaan installed the computers and the TV before he left last Friday and the rest is up to me and the boys.
Unpacking boxes is all about priorities and creating space. The first priority was finding all the Lego, no it wasn't, it was creating space for all the Lego. So Joshua and I went to Ikea and bought 3 storage units. We build them all 3 within 1.5 hours and without fighting, which must be a personal record at least, if not at WR. Then we battled our way through the garage to find the right boxes, armed with the packing list and a lot of determination.
While the boys were on a high unpacking Lego and discovering all their price possessions, I had to think up a logical way to tackle the logistics of unpacking the rest of the boxes. They are mainly bed linen, books and kitchen stuff.
All bedlinen needs to be washed, books sorted and stored and kitchen stuff washed and put away. My washing machine is working overtime but the dryer is getting some time out because the summer finally started in NL so the clothes line does it's duty.
The books will have to wait, maybe till Xmas holidays.
The kitchen stuff proofs to be more of a logistical problem. I have to unpack it to know what it is, then I need to decide if I want to keep it or give away (our house in NL has kitchen cupboards that are filled to the brim already. If I decide to keep it I will have to find the space to store it first. So today I have been emptying cupboards, cleaning them and reorganising them to fit more/other items.
My back is killing me, but the garage is slowly but surely getting emptier and I feel so blessed to find most of our things back and in one piece.
No comments:
Post a Comment