Friday, 7 December 2012

Miracles might happen (but I won't hold my breath).

Yesterday we received a mail on our Vista Yahoo group, from someone in a neighbouring community, who had spoken to our local MLA. This MLA is the brains behind the whole road works disaster that I wrote about in my previous post.

Some quotes:

'I questioned the logic of taking  up the logic of sealing us at both ends, by initiating the roadworks at the Nilgiri/BEML side as well as the Basavanagar bus stand side. He explained to me that this decision was taken because of the contractor's commitment to finish the entire project within 2 weeks. One at a time would take 4 weeks.'

TWO weeks people, only two weeks!!!! Wouldn't that be a miracle? And not just a usable surface to drive on, no it gets even better:

'In 2 or 3 weeks, he promised that the road would be a mini highway!:).'

OK, maybe it can be done, I shouldn't be too sceptical, but I will not hold my breath.

Will this be our road in two weeks time?

No comments:

Post a Comment