The four of us had so much fun chatting away that we completely lost track of time. Those are the best times!
![]() |
| No longer a Starbucks virgin ;-) |
Getting ready I felt like I did when I was a teenager: What to wear? What to bring? What to expect? Well, in the what-to-wear department I was anything but a teenager. I was wearing a lumbo sacral belt, a back support much like a corset. No way I would be able to stand and dance for hours if I had no back support. It also nicely tucks in the tummy, so it reduces some of the more wobbly bits that come with age. Added bonus!
| Inge and I were ready to go to the concert |
We arrived early to avoid long lines at the ticket counter and had lots of time to wander around the venue and warm up our dance moves with the Indian DJ that got the beat going before Armin started. In Bangalore all nightly entertainment involving alcohol closes at 23:00 hrs., so the concert started early and was finished by 21:45 hrs. another thing that is great for the 'elderly' among us (not to mention for parents who's children are going clubbing).
![]() |
| When we could still get close to the stage |
![]() |
| The Indian DJ warming up de crowd |
![]() |
| Armin van Buuren at work |
The concert was great, I liked the music a lot more that I had anticipated and with my back support firmly in place I was able to dance the whole night.
We did have to put some effort into keeping enough space around us unfortunately. Not because it was overly crowded, but because of the Indian men that came too close for comfort. The alcohol consumption was high and the smell of a certain type of cigarette was at times overwhelming, so not everyone was aware of boundaries anymore (Indians have a different perception of personal space anyway and get too close for comfort at the best of times). Luckily for us it stayed limited to standing too close or asking us silly questions, but I heard others got touched (very) indecently.
So all in all it was an exiting week. Let's see what this week will bring us.




No comments:
Post a Comment