Monday, 17 February 2014

No fun!


I have been silent blogging-wise for a while again, because I had nothing fun to write about. I still don't have, but decided to write a blog about things that are no fun at all. It is called 'What is going on with the Spaander family?' for a reason isn't it? Otherwise I should have called it "The picture perfect family" or something like that. We are not, I can assure you.

My physical and mental state have been below par for a while now. Menopause is a B#@*$!  It literally gives me headaches and makes me very moody. A great combination with 3 teenagers, NOT!
My boys are great, most of the time, but sometimes.... Especially my youngest little cherub knows how to challenge my patience, to put it mildly. I love him to bits, but he is not an easy person to get along with. He has a lovely caring and funny side and a scary explosive side too. Self control issues that we are trying to get under control, both at home and in school. I worry about him a lot (I write this with tears in my eyes, because I hurts me to see him struggle and I am afraid this highly intelligent boy will become a social outcast if we can't help him).


My dear 'Pluize-Kaboem'


On top of all the hormonal bliss I have also scored my second bulge disk, combined with a pinched nerve. Told you this blog would be no fun...
We spent quite some time at the clinic on Saturday, where I saw the GP, the Orthopedic doctor and had two CT scans. I went home with a bag full of medication and the advise to take bed rest.

This morning I went back to see the GP again: two more days of strict bed rest and some more medication. I have to come back on Wednesday and if things have improved I will get physiotherapy.
To be continued!

I will end this blog with a funny story that I also posted on my Facebook page. Have a laugh about it, it is always better to laugh than to cry!!!

                                                                  Ordering Pizzas

I must be mad/out of my mind/the medication has relaxed my 'thinking-muscles'!

Joshua got the home delivery number of the Domino's delivery guy last night, when he delivered pizzas to our neighbours across the road. We were all very happy, because Domino's stopped delivering to our area a while ago.

So I called them just now to order pizzas (doesn't that sound simple enough?).

First they said...
: "No, we don't deliver there ma'am" so I explain that if they can deliver to our neighbours across the road they can surely deliver to us since it is only 20 meters further....

Deep sigh on the other side of the phone and "One moment ma'am" and another person comes on the line. The whole conversation repeats itself and I hear another deep sigh and a "one moment ma'am" and then I hear her say: "I don't understand her language!" (At this point I would like to stress that I was speaking English to the best of my abilities).

The third person on the phone finally understood my language and noted our address, my phone number and our order. Pfew, that's done.....

The phone rang 2 minutes later: "Ma'am, can you give me the nearest landmark?" so I said: "Shell petrol bunk" " Shhh? Shhhh? What ma'am?" I repeat 3 times in the unknown language that I speak, someone else asks the same question again, I give the same answer and she seems to understand. Then she asked me something I couldn't decipher, so I said "Sorry?" It was followed by a silence and then: "Thank you for ordering at Domino's, have a nice day!"

They called again, I tried to hand the phone to one of the men that live in my house, but no takers (weird that). "Ma'am we have no pepperoni" TG, not calling to say they won't deliver after all! So I pick another 'flavour' and he says "Ma'am your address is xxxxx? NOOOOOOOOO, it is yyyyyyy!" "O, ok Ma'am."

Two questions remain:

1. Will we get pizzas for dinner tonight?
2. Who will be mad enough to call them next time? (It won't be me!!!!)
feeling confused.


The answer to question 1: YES!!!!

PS

The picture shows my mind has gone indeed, right after this stupid idea of holding 5 pizzas for the photo I couldn't move anymore and had to spend the rest of the night flat on my back in bed.....

No comments:

Post a Comment