Wednesday, 5 March 2014

Moral Dilemma


It is Ash Wednesday today, the first day of lent and it presented me with a moral dilemma. For me, as a Roman Catholic, today is supposed to be a day of fasting and abstinence, but a few weeks ago I had bought a ticket for the CISB Charity Fundraiser Tea Party at the Ritz Carlton today, without realising.
 
 
 
 
 
The funny thing is that I could easily convince myself that it would be ok to go, since it is a fundraiser for Habitat for Humanity and giving money to help the less fortunate is a Christian thing to do, isn't it? But in the back of my mind I wasn't too convinced and it still bothers me a bit...
 
So I did go and enjoyed a lovely High Tea with a group of friends, while raising money for a good cause. I won't eat any meat today and I am giving up my evening snack for lent (i.e. I won't be stuffing my face with candy while watching Boston Legal) and believe you me, that is quite a sacrifice for me and it will be VERY hard.


The first of many serves of delicious food that we shared (there is no alcohol in the glass!)

No comments:

Post a Comment