It is a lot harder than I thought to set up a Blog exactly as I had it in mind and I am not happy with the result yet. But I will just start and develop it along the way. Maybe you can give me some helpful pointers in the right direction?
I have been in Bangalore for a month now and it is starting to feel like home. Adriaan found us a beautiful house. It is huge! We have 5 bedrooms and 4 bathrooms, a large living room and a dining room, a good size kitchen and a garage/laundry area. The garden in tiny but pretty. The compound is relatively small and very green. It has a nice size swimming pool and lots of sports facilities. So we have enough space for visitors!!!
The boys go to the Canadian International School and the school bus picks them up at 7:00 AM at the end of our street. It takes them about 1 hour to get to school. Joshua is in Grade 9 and started his IGCSEs, Ruben is in Grade 7 and Simon in Grade 5.
Adriaan loves his new job, but it is keeping him very busy. He hasn't had much time off this year, so we are planning to go to the Maldives at the end of October, during the Diwali festival.
I am doing fine. So far I am enjoying Bangalore a lot. It takes a while to find my way around town, but we have a great driver, Babu, and he has been a driver to expats for 15 years so he knows where to find everything.
The weather is lovely and the people are friendly. It is sometimes hard to understand the Indian-English and a lot of Indian people tend to talk really fast, so they have to repeat themselves a lot because I don't get what they say. That and the head shaking thing (sort of shaking from left to right with a up and down movement in it too, meaning yes or maybe) so it is very confusing sometimes.
That's it for now. Next time I will write about the Ganesha Festival that took place last week and about all other things that come to mind.

No comments:
Post a Comment