Today we had an email from Shell to tell us they had visited the warehouse where all the personal belongings from all the families are stored. A few weeks ago the rebels looted the warehouse and they have made such a mess of it that they can't even tell what came from which house... Everything that is left will be packed and shipped to The Netherlands as soon as they can organise it, and then we can all come and see if any of our belongings are among it.... Not much hope I am afraid.
We don't even know what was left in the house to be packed. The landlord probably did some shopping in our house and we know some other people got hold of the keys... Then there was no supervision during the packing, so more will have been taken.
I know we should be grateful we left Tripoli just in time and that we are safe. And I know a lot of our Libyan friends have lost family and friends during the war, but I still feel sad and angry.
What to say? That is just plain sad...
ReplyDelete