Tuesday, 4 October 2011

Party time!

Between September and December it is festival season in India. We are now in the middle of Navratri the Hindu festival of nine nights to celebrate Shakti, the Hindu Mother Goddess.  "Nav" means Nine and Ratri means night. Last Friday we had Dandiya night on our compound and coming Thursday we will have our car blessed at a temple and at a church.
Dandiya night was great fun with lots of dancing. We had sore feet and cramping legs afterwards.

We were quite happy with our outfits!

Yesterday I had a celebration of my own: I turned 45! Adriaan and the boys gave me a pre-birthday-celebration on Sunday already, because Adriaan left for London Monday morning 3:30 and the boys had to go to school.
Babu Raj and his wife stopped by with flowers from Adriaan and flowers from them, and my new maid (hate that word) Kavitha gave me a lovely present too. I had lots of e-mails, phone calls, texts and messages on Facebook and Hyves. So nice to know people all over the world are thinking of me on my birthday.
In the evening a friend stopped by for coffee so I had a great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment