At the beginning of last week I received an email from school:
Good Morning,
You have helped build our CIS community this year. You have volunteered your time in our classrooms and around the campus to make the learning experience more enjoyable and more engaging for all.
Thank-you!
CIS invites you to attend the Secondary Term 3 Assembly on Friday morning at 8:30am. We will be presenting certificates of appreciation to all volunteering parents and you will get to walk the stage. If you do not attend this ceremony, please do stop by the CIS administration office before leaving school on Friday to pick up your certificate.
Thanks again and we hope to see you active on the CIS campus again in August!
Unfortunately I couldn't make it, so the boys brought home my certificate:
I knew the boys are in a great school, but this is the icing on the cake!
This is a certificate of appreciation for being a busy body, for being in their face about things I thought weren't right or optimal (i.e. things I would have done/organised a lot better, being the 'know-it-all' mum of 3).
This school appreciates comments and suggestions for what they are meant to be: helpful.
There haven't been that many instances over the school year that made me contact the school to voice my concerns, but the few times I did I really felt I had a contribution to make, not just a complaint.
Experiences in other schools, specifically in Libya, have shown that school management is not always open to suggestions or criticism. It can cause a negative spiral, in school management making it even more difficult for you or your children. Very frustrating I can tell you.
The Canadian International School appreciated my concerns, comments and suggestions and translated them into "creativity, commitment and engagement", something that proofs to me that the people who run this school are wonderful people with an open mind.
So if you are planning to move to Bangalore, I know a great school to send your children to!
This is a certificate of appreciation for being a busy body, for being in their face about things I thought weren't right or optimal (i.e. things I would have done/organised a lot better, being the 'know-it-all' mum of 3).
This school appreciates comments and suggestions for what they are meant to be: helpful.
There haven't been that many instances over the school year that made me contact the school to voice my concerns, but the few times I did I really felt I had a contribution to make, not just a complaint.
Experiences in other schools, specifically in Libya, have shown that school management is not always open to suggestions or criticism. It can cause a negative spiral, in school management making it even more difficult for you or your children. Very frustrating I can tell you.
The Canadian International School appreciated my concerns, comments and suggestions and translated them into "creativity, commitment and engagement", something that proofs to me that the people who run this school are wonderful people with an open mind.
So if you are planning to move to Bangalore, I know a great school to send your children to!

No comments:
Post a Comment