
This photo is from my friend Marjolein, her daughter passed her exams
(Congratulations Marit!)
In the Netherlands we have the tradition to hang out the flag when your child has passed his/her exams. We hang their school bag from the flag post too. Yesterday the results came in and the flags are out.
Joshua has done his IGCSEs, but he won't know till August whether he passed or not (pretty sure he passed). I hope we will hear the result before we leave the Netherlands at the end of our summer break, because I would love to hang the flag out for him. It are the little traditions like this that I miss living abroad.
In case we don't know the results before we leave NL, I will make sure to fly the Dutch flag from our house in Bangalore (most of my neighbours probably already think we are weird people anyway).
Today is the last school day. Only 2 more sleeps to go before we leave for 2 months holiday in NL.
No comments:
Post a Comment