Monday, 14 October 2013

Parrots

This morning I finally managed to get some photos of the parrots that visit our chicoo tree (not sure about the spelling) on a regular basis. They are beautiful and very noisy, but also very easily spooked. To get a nice photo I have to open de mosquito-net and lean out the window and by the time I have done so, as quietly as possible, they have flown off again.
So this morning it worked, but out of the 10 shots there are only a few nice ones. The parrots kept moving, the wind moved the leaves on the tree and by doing so messed up the focus of the camera, and I had to zoom in quite a bit so my hands had to be very steady. I took the photos with my compact camera, because there was no time to get the big guns out. Still, I am happy I finally snapped them.


It kept an eye on me, while the other one kept eating






I see you!






















4 comments:

  1. Dat is wel veel leuker dan mijn dierentuinpapegaaien!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Het is echt zo leuk als er een heel clubje van die lawaai-papagaaien in de boom zit. De boom staat vlak voor ons huis en de kruin voor een groot raam boven, dus we kunnen ze goed bekijken (alleen fotos maken is lastig).

    ReplyDelete