Saturday, 17 March 2012

Parent - Teacher Conference


This is what my dinner table looks like at the moment. It is also where my frustration of today originates: planning my slots for the parent - teacher conference on the 28th.

Earlier this week we received an email from the school secretary with the request to indicate who I wanted to talk to on the 28th. I replied that I wanted to meet with all the boy's teachers. I also said I would like to have a double slot for the teachers that Josh and Ruben both have and I mentioned that I had already scheduled a meeting with Simon's teacher, from 10:00 till 10:15.
Yesterday I received another email, with the allocated times. First slot: 10:00 for Ruben..... Great! And just a single slot for every teacher, even when it is for both J and R..... {SIGH}

The whole schedule was sent as an excel sheet. I tried to write all the slots down in my agenda but the file was so big that I lost track of times and teachers in no time, so I decided to print the whole thing. It took 8 pages!!! After sticking it all together I went wild with the markers.

There were slots with teachers that don't even teach my boys and no slots with some of the teachers they do have. Thank God for modern technology, so I could make the changes online.

I think I have got it covered now. All teachers from all 3 boys between 10 and 12. Mind you, that's on paper, because in real life it is never going to work out as planned. Strangely enough most parents haven't got a clue how long (or rather short) 10 minutes are and they just keep on talking. The teachers are not much better in time keeping either. I will be that mother, standing in their space, being very annoying, claiming my hard earned 10 minutes!

No comments:

Post a Comment