Last Friday I spent the whole day at the boys' school with 3 women from ANU (the slum project that I volunteer for).
The Canadian International School Bangalore collects used tetra packs for ANU and because of Earth week they asked us to come to school to show and sell the bags that the women make.
I had brought a car load (literally!) of bags to school on Thursday, so on Friday morning I was at the unit to pick the women up at 8:00 o'clock. Nobody was there yet, but I was greeted by a couple of goats.
We left in time to start the sale at 9:30 and had a constant stream of customers till 15:15 hr. Most of what we brought got sold and everyone was surprised about what could be made from discarted drinks cartons.
It was a long, warm day, but it was great fun and we made a nice sum of money for ANU.
No comments:
Post a Comment