Tuesday, 30 April 2013

Different world

Today is a historical day for the Netherlands, our Queen abdicated and we now have a King for the first time since 1890. Living in what is supposed to be the IT capital of the world, you would expect to be able to watch the ceremony life on You Tube, but the connection we have at home is not good enough to do so (or maybe I should say not good enough when 5 people are on line at the same time). We will watch the whole ceremony tomorrow with the Dutch Club (fingers crossed the Internet connection will hold and the power too...).

So today was another day at the slum for me. The first day for the second batch of children. I have shown pictures of all the activities before (today's was painting flower pots), so I decided to show you some other photos of today.

Adriaan came along for what was supposed to be a whole morning, but duty called and he had to go home for conference calls etc. He did take some photographs:

Lovely!


Where did this girl come from?


She came to drop off a grand child


This one I took when I sat down in the little hallway of the classroom, to recover from the disappointment of finding a boy stealing...

Playing marbles 


The Netherlands felt far away today, I was in a completely different world, but somehow I didn't really mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment