Saturday, 26 November 2011

The Real Expat House Wife

Last Wednesday, in the car on the way to a (work) dinner party, Adriaan told me colleague W. was over from NL and could he ask him over for dinner the next night?
"Sure honey, why not?!" {How am I going to organise that with all the arrangements I have already made for tomorrow?????} But then the light bulb came on: I can be a Real Expat House Wife!

On Thursday morning I wrote the menu down for Kavitha and a shopping list for Baburaj. Babu dropped me of at a friend's house to get some Sinterklaas things organised, then I picked up another friend to go to a mall. We had a great time shopping for Christmas outfits and found some very nice clothes.
At 13:00 hr. we had a lunch at a very nice Italian restaurant to celebrate a friends birthday.
When I came home around 16:00 hr. the house was clean, the dinner cooked and the kitchen spotless. I had pulled it off! I had been a Real Expat House Wife for a day!!!
I have to say it was great to have all the cake AND eat it, it won't become my everyday routine but it might happen again in future ;-) Maybe I should go and find my pearl necklace to match my new life style....

No comments:

Post a Comment