Tuesday, 15 November 2011

Why can't I be like them?

My daily routine, after getting out of bed way too early to get the breakfast, snacks and lunches ready and the kids on the school bus, is to tidy up the house, collect the washing and start the first of many loads of the day, have coffee with Adriaan before he leaves for the office and then start up my lap top to check my mail on 2 mail accounts, check my Hyves and my Facebook, read the news on NU.nl and check on the (17!) blogs that I follow. About half of those blogs are from people (mainly women) that I have never met. I have stumbled upon their blogs via other blogs and like what they write or like their style of writing. I have them all stored under 'my favorites' and check them at least once a day. I laugh out loud with some, shake my head in disbelieve at others, but mostly I envy the fact that they wrote about topics I would love to write about but never thought of and now can't anymore because they already did it so well and I don't want to be a copy cat. Most of the bloggers I follow write on a daily basis or at least 3 times a week and if they don't have a new entry for a few days I am really disappointed....but look at my feeble attempt to write a proper blog. I haven't written anything in a long time and soon I won't need to because nobody will follow my infrequent attempts at being a blogger worth following {snif}. It is not because nothing is happening in my life, far from it, but I can't seem to find the right mood to write something that is interesting enough for others to read or write boring stuff in a interesting way.
 This morning one of the blogs I read (http://www.smaggle.com/) was about being consistent and it said: "If you care enough about your goal you need to be consistent. Work at it every day."
So that will be my new motto, let's see how long I can keep it up ;-).

I have got my entry for today {YES} and i will work on some nice photo collages of our holiday at the Maldives to post tomorrow. In the mean time I will think of some brilliant ways to write about my day to day encounters here in Bangalore.

Only thing left is to keep my fingers crossed and hope someone will read this.......


Copied from Smaggle

2 comments:

  1. Oh oh, I just counted all the blogs I read on a fairly regular basis and came up to 263!!! Of course I don't always read read them but I do have them on my blogroll...

    ReplyDelete